Monday, March 10, 2008

EL MUERTO wins BEST FEATURE FILM!!

EL MUERTO has won BEST FEATURE FILM at the WHITTIER FILM FESTIVAL Awards


I myself did not attend the Award Ceremony saturday night, but I was informed today by the Festival that our film, EL MUERTO, has won the BEAST FEATURE prize at this first ever Whittier Film Festival! Wow...Nice to be part of a historic first!

An award-winning film, based on my comic book! Like Inspector Clousseau says, "That feel's good!" Thanks to the Whittier Film Festival. And also thanks to the GEEKS comic shop in Whittier for hosting our Q&A. Thanks to my good friend Brian Cox, the screenwriter & director of the EL MUERTO film. Thanks to my producers, Larry Rattner and Susan Rodgers, and our executive producers, the Leones. Thanks to all the hard-working and passionate actors and filmmaking crew.

Thanks to my familia, without whom.... Thanks to my many friends and fellow creators for their continued inspiration. And a deep thanks to the many fans I've been fortunate to have over the last 10 years. No doubt about it, the most generous, loyal and patient fans anyone could ask for!

This is good. This is real good!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Javy! talked to Rhode today and heard he made a surprise cameo at your Q nd A, that's the tits, baby!

Michael