Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm interviewing PETER FERNANDEZ, the original SPEED RACER!

My next guest on my radio show, PLANET COMIC BOOK RADIO will be this gentleman:


After seeing the new SPEED RACER film, and absolutely loving the film, I knew I had to contact Peter Fernandez and ask him for an interview. Well, he happily agreed! After I woke up from my feinting spell, I had to email some friends and share the news.

I've been lucky enough to meet some of my childhood favorites in terms of comics and such: Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, John Romita, Mil Mascaras, Roddy Piper, Adam West, among others. So I am so glad to at least have the opportunity to talk to the man who not only voiced Speed Racer (and Racer X) but also wrote the scripts and directed the episodes. Remember, SPEED RACER came from Japan as MACH GO GO GO, so Peter had to translate all the episodes and get his small group of actors to voice the roles. So I will be very interested in asking him how all this was accomplished.



Back in the early-mid 70s, when I first caught the series, I was immediately captivated by the show: the characters and the outlandish car races. So it goes without saying that I'm so grateful that, in my role as show host, I can interview the man (and try to not geek out too much)! Anyways, please tune in on Tuesday, May 27 at 5pm (Pacific Time) if you can...

No comments: