Sunday, July 19, 2009

GIANT SIZE MAN-SWAMP!

On Friday, I received my proof copies for MAN-SWAMP. Like always, the sheer excitement of getting one of your comics in physical form in hand is always a thrill. This is the comic that's helping launch a brand-new imprint from me and my friend Ted Seko, himself a long-time self-publishing cartoonist. Ted's book, ZOMBIEMAN ZERO, is the other half of our debut titles. I'll let you folks know very soon what the exact schedule is for the first, official live convention appearance of XOMIX COMIX, as well as the online sale date to buy copies.

Meantime, I've been spending the weekend making some additions/changes to the comic. Not the actual story itself, but some things Ted (as co-publisher) and I decided upon. I'll spare the details of the exact changes (leave if for the 10th Anniversay Xomix Comix Behind-The-Scenes coffee table book!).

But here's a peek at the first page... (and if you're just joining us for the first time, here's a previous page from an earlier blog entry, when the MAN-SWAMP was originally going to be published as a mini-comic!!).



He's coming! The Quagmire that Walks like a Man!!

3 comments:

Jim Lujan said...

I'm super excited to get this book. Let me know asap when they are for sale! The design looks SWEET and your pencils really SING!

Javier Hernandez said...

Well thank ya, sir! You'll be one of the first to know. In fact, I'll sell ya one only if we meet up for lunch...

Unknown said...

Jav, this comic looks really cool, and I'll be ordering one myself. I've always loved the swamp characters, and I know ths will be a good one, with the old Hernandez spin on it! I've been enjoying your blog man, you do a service to the comic community! Keep it up, my friend!